Simulation Laboratory Specialist/Manager
South Portland & Brunswick, Maine
- Company: Southern Maine Community College
- Contact Name:
- Contact Email:
- Career Website:
- Contact Phone:
SIMULATION LABORATORY SPECIALIST/MANAGER - POSITION REVISED
HEALTH SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
BARGAINING UNIT: MEA Administrator, Level III
ANNUAL SALARY: $39,589 - $65,435 (starting range $39,589 - $50,150)
BENEFITS: 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for employees, vision insurance, choice between Maine Public Employees Retirement and TIAA CREF in lieu of social security, generous vacation/sick/personal time allowances, paid holidays, professional development, and free tuition within the MCCS for employee, spouse, and dependents.
DESCRIPTION: The Simulation Lab Specialist/Manager has overall responsibility maintaining the simulation labs at the South Portland and Brunswick campuses. Duties include working collaboratively with Health Science faculty and community users to enhance student learning, maintaining equipment and supplies including sophisticated high fidelity mannequins and computer equipment, and coordinating a broad range of medical simulation for varied health care disciplines. In addition, duties will include the procurement of simulation resources, oversight of adjunct simulation technicians and work-study students.
OUTLINE OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in simulation activities as needed (40%)
- Maintain high fidelity simulators, peripheral AV/computer equipment, and simulations labs in good working condition (15%)
- Collaborate with and educate health science faculty to develop and implement medical simulation scenarios (20%)
- Manage the day to day operations of the simulation labs – scheduling, maintaining, ordering supplies, overseeing simulation learning activities, work on collaborative continuing education opportunities including assisting the AHA coordinator, update and maintain simulation lab policies and procedures, attend department, advisory committee and college planning meetings as needed (15%)
- Maintain academic and simulation standards as established by the individual health science programs at the College (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health, technology, management or a closely related field, work experience using simulation and scenario based education, and simulation management experience OR a six year combination of education and experience may be substituted as long as at least two years of experience providing simulation management.
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in related field; CHSE, CHSOS, or equivalent certification
- Recent experience working with simulation in an educational institution or equivalent setting • Working knowledge of high fidelity mannequins used in simulation
- Experience in developing and implementing simulation scenarios
- High degree of comfort with computer technology and troubleshooting ability to be able to quickly diagnose and repair connection and hardware issues
- Highly motivated and innovative; able to acquire new skills and learn new techniques
- Able to support faculty and students in meeting learning objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of an academic team
- Collaborates with faculty and community educators to design/implement and modify medical simulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with academic and technical colleagues, vendors and students at all levels
- Ability to problem solve and make quick and decisive decisions in changing environments
- Comprehensive knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin October 30th, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more. Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
MTUG Event Email Signup
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit