Sr. Enterprise Java Application Developer - IDEXX is Hiring!
- Company: IDEXX
- Contact Name: Calvin McDavis
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: www.idexx.com
- Contact Phone:
Email resumes to the Contact Email listed above.
7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock
We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
Sr. Enterprise Java Application Developer
Come join our team as a Senior Java Developer building a mission-critical enterprise application leveraging the latest technologies and cloud-based infrastructure. Help to build an intuitive, performant, scalable and resilient system supporting hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. Engage directly with end users leveraging Domain Driven Design and rapid prototyping.
A day in the life of a Sr. Application Developer – Java Enterprise
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
- Develops program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
- Codes programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
- Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
- Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
- Provides high-level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
- May design system architectures.
What do you need to succeed?
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Java 8
- Spring Framework 4.x or greater. Experience with Spring Boot is a plus.
- Cloud development experience. Google Cloud Platform and specifically Google App Engine is preferred.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following: Google Cloud Datastore, MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB, Apache Cassandra
- Fluent in REST Concepts and HTTP
- Groovy experience is a plus
- Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to DDD, TDD, BDD and/or CI/CD is a plus
- Non-Technical Qualifications
- Highly collaborative
- Comfortable working directly with end-users
- Comfortable working as part of a larger team
- Demonstrated interest in creating a better development process