Data Visualization Analyst
- Company: Arkatechture
- Contact Name: Sarah Snowman
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.arkatechture.com/careers
- Contact Phone:
Why Work Here?
Arkatechture employees have a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's data resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, 401k + match, an annual bonus based on company performance and competitive paid time off.
We are excited to groom a passionate, hard working person in this entry level role into our next great Data Visualization Analyst. This person will help drive our clients’ business decisions by creating dynamic and powerful data visualizations. The employee will work directly with customers who range from small independent companies to large financial institutions.
- Document business requirements and translate into technical specifications
- Understand business process and identify opportunities for improvement
- Extract and prepare data for analysis across multiple platforms (Database Connections, Excel, Flat Files, etc)
- Break the Excel mentality and build trust through intuitive and accurate reporting
- Design and create interactive visualizations that can be used by non-technical users up to the executive level
- Communicate results clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must love data and showing others the power it holds
- SQL knowledge and an understanding of data models
- Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI or Qlik a plus
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Eagerness to learn
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive attitude
- Based locally out of Portland, Maine (this is not a telecommuting position)
- Able to travel to client sites in the New England Area up to 75% of the time
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with you Indeed application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME area please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time