- Company: Arkatechture
- Contact Name: Sarah Snowman
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.arkatechture.com/careers
- Contact Phone:
Why Work Here?
Arkatechture began in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. At Arkatechture, we work hard and we play hard--we genuinely love what we do and that's what makes us different.
We take great pride in being New England's Data Resource. We've been based in Maine and New Hampshire since our founding and have no plans on leaving. We love being a part of our communities, and many of our team members are involved in local activities and organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, an annual bonus based on company performance and paid time off!
Arkatechture is seeking candidates for a Data Engineerposition to support various Data initiatives for our clients, particularly in the Data Warehousing and BI world. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about data and excited to work on new and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who understands and has implemented full end-to-end Data Warehousing solutions including data architecture, data provisioning, data integration, data publishing, and can execute effectively as part of a team. Must have hands-on experience working on BI and Data warehousing Projects. Should be able to work effectively with the Business and Technology teams while collaborating with Project/Program Managers.
- Source-to-target mapping including detailed business and transformation rules
- Data modeling, data profiling, data quality analysis/remediation, database table, index, and view creation
- Designing, developing, testing and review of code [ELT or ETL, views, stored procs, etc.]
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Requirements elicitation
- Estimation and working with Project manager on task allocation
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar individual contributor role
- 2 to 4+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Implemented several Data Management projects for Data Lakes/Data Warehousing
- Hands on experience using ETL tools like Talend, Alteryx, Alooma, Matilion, Informatica, Datastage, etc
- Experience working on any one Database such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc
- Excellent SQL skills and understanding of Database Models and tuning
- Experience working with APIs, specifically REST APIs, SDKs and CLI tools as part of ETL provisioning
- Experience working with multi-format files likes JSON, XML, CSV, Flat, etc.
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP (Certified Practitioner at any level is a nice to have)
- Strong understanding of Microservices architecture
- A strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle and methodology using toolsets such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB (nice to have)
-This position is based out of our Portland, ME office (this is not a telecommuting or hardware IT position).
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter summarizing why you want to work at Arkatechture along with your Technical skills, Resume (must have prior project experiences listed along with technologies used), and Salary requirements (this is a must) with your Indeed application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME ar