This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Business / Technical Analyst
- Company: CGI
- Career Website: https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world!
Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. With seven onshore delivery centers employing 1500 members, CGI’s Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI’s Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region’s economic and cultural revitalization goals. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
Are you looking to grow your career? Want to be part of an exciting new opportunity while developing new skills using modern technologies? If so, we have a great opportunity for you at our Waterville Center! We are looking for a self-starting business analyst to support the development and enhancement of CGI’s Intelligent Migration Platform. The business analyst will be the lead business analyst responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and translating them into technical requirements. The business analyst will be responsible for authoring, management, and maintenance of the SDLC documentation. This is a great opportunity for a business analyst to contribute to the development of an internal CGI platform, highlight their skills and learn new ones!
This role must be located in Waterville, ME
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Translating product owners vision into requirements and technical specifications
• Authoring and Management of SDLC documentation
• Providing input/feedback guidance to development team
• Providing input/feedback guidance to testing team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1-3 years of business analysis experience
• Collaborate with product owners and technical SMEs to define solution requirements
• Contribute to and author SDLC documentation
• Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams in a DevOps and Agile manner
• Demonstrated ability to pivot quickly and reprioritize in a rapidly changing work environment
• Experience with ambiguous and complex technology-oriented projects
• Who is familiar with content/file/data migrations; at least has a basic understanding of it.
• Has knowledge of the Agile methodology and has practiced it
• Has knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and has practiced it
• Lastly, has great emotional intelligence
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Business Analysis 1-3 Proficient
SDLC Documentation 1-3 Proficient
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Information/Computer related field
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Analysis
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Requirements Analysis
- Team Player
What you can expect from us:Bui
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit