This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/your-career/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Our client is a well established company in a fast growing and innovative sector, improving human health. This is a direct hire, permanent position with full benefits.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Primary Tier 2 escalation point for operations IT personnel; technical resource for vendor management and support issues.
- Supports Microsoft and other platforms across multiple systems.
- Provides first response of server incidents, management of trouble ticketing and daily maintenance / monitoring of systems.
- Assists other IT Operations team members with user application and end-user computing issues.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and remediation of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Leads internally driven upgrades and supports and assists vendor driven upgrades.
- Manages enterprise monitoring platforms to identify degraded systems and security issues.
- Manages and monitors patching process to ensure timely patching and system stability.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and report findings to the Director of Information Systems and Technology.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Develops and maintains concise process documentation related to responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent in demonstrable previous experience.
- Experience supporting a multi-site Windows and/or MS Azure environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Expert Experience with Windows Server roles and features such as DNS, ADFS, DFS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, NTFS Security, Print Server, IIS, RDS, and DHCP.
- Operational management experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies/methods; able to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for both on premise and via hybrid cloud environments.
- Operational management experience with enterprise storage solutions.
- Expert operational knowledge of enterprise virtualization solutions; such as VMware technologies.
- Operational management experience of Network and TCP/IP routing/sub netting, SAN and NAS connectivity.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Connect@VantagePointRecruiting.com