This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Senior Programming Engineer
- Company: Montalvo Corporation
- Contact Name: Montalvo Corporation
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://jobs.lever.co/kmaconsultingllc/d51fd326-e80a-44dc-ae52-e32af338707a?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=MTUG
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Montalvo Corporation, an industry leader in Web Tension Control is seeking aSenior Programming Engineer to join their team! The successful candidate will be able to develop and maintain electrical control systems and/or components, convert scientific and engineering data and other technical into workable models, plans and diagrams. As well as create design documents, specifications and perform program coding and testing. Candidates will have a strong ability to resolve technical issues through debugging, testing evaluation, research, and other investigative procedures.
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies. Provides support for investigating and debugging production issues.
- Plays a key role in new product development, writing code, performing self-check, and using tools such as linters to prove out code, performing physical device and system testing, and verifying specifications are met.
- Collaborate with development team members to achieve project results. Analyzes technical requirements and provides feedback on development projects.
- Recommends new development strategies and procedure improvements to the development team.
- Performs unit testing to ensure programs meet stated business objectives prior to supplying to Quality Assurance Team. Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving project deadlines.
- Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes. Helps drive technology direction and choices of technologies by making recommendations based on experience and research.
- Takes on complex software development tasks and works creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
- Able to create basic wiring diagrams and schematics for documentation purposes.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
- Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year College or University, plus four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Quality List:
- 5-8 years proficiency in C and/or C++ programming language.
- 5-8 years proficiency with Python or similar language.
- Comfortable with Github / Atlassian, or similar repository.
- Preferred: proficiency in Visual Basic programming language.
- Preferred: proficiency or ability to program in ladder logic.
- Comfortable selecting and specifying analog and digital electronics, including FPGA’s.
- Comfortable selecting and specifying ST Microprocessors and ARM processors.
- Strong verbal and written skills, including technical writing.
- Familiar with PCB layout and design process.
- Familiar with PLCs.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent 4-year degree.
- Must be able to travel occasionally, up to 10%.
To apply, please fill a brief application here: https://jobs.lever.co/kmaconsultingllc/d51fd326-e80a-44dc-ae52-e32af338707a?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=MTUG