This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/your-career/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
The Network Administrator is a key member to our client's IT staff. They ensure the stability and integrity of the network infrastructure.
The client's staff is primarily remote now but will return to the office when it is deemed safe.
- Configure and maintain network hardware and software, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and other network peripherals.
- Analyze design and performance of entire network and make required changes to design of network architecture to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimize performance of all network equipment.
- Manage and maintain point to point VPNs, site-to-site connectivity, and Internet connectivity.
- Manage LAN and WAN infrastructure, static and dynamic routing, and other network technologies including VoIP, VPNs, VLANs, QoS, NAT, and BGP.
- Evaluate network equipment requirements and capabilities and make recommendations.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all network equipment and static IP information.
- Manage firmware and software updates for all network equipment.
- Conduct network traffic capture and analysis as needed.
- Restore network services after system failures including
- troubleshooting root cause and taking corrective actions.
- Establish network access and security controls.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and test software upgrades.
- Backup network device configurations.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in technology, particularly related to the company business.
- Able and willing to maintain documentation of network configuration and cabling layouts.
- Enjoy teaching and helping others use technology to enhance their productivity
- Reliable, friendly, high degree of ethics and well-organized
- Bachelor's degree, preferred. Will consider Associated degree. Computer Science or Information Technology focus, preferred
- Certifications valued
- Working knowledge of network protocols: e.g. TCP/IP, internet standards (NAT, DNS, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC and VPN)
To apply, please send resume to: Connect@VantagePointRecruiting.com