[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field
may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool.
All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please
refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
The Enterprise IT Architect – Infrastructure is responsible for the overall architecture, individual design, implementation, optimization, and operational support of IT infrastructure systems. This position will work closely with IT Infrastructure leadership to develop and execute IT Infrastructure strategy and vision, set technical priorities, and provide technical leadership to the IT Infrastructure team in strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations, and problem resolution.
Key responsibilities of the role include ensuring industry best practices, methodologies, and standards are integrated into all aspects of system design; identifying new areas of technology opportunity beyond current organizational thinking; maintaining relationships with vendors; delivering IT Infrastructure platforms and services that support the organization’s mission and business objectives.
• Advises IT Leadership on technology trends and industry practices to guide strategy and organizational priorities.
• Works with IT Leadership to develop a multi-year IT infrastructure road map that provides maximum resilience while maintaining or improving business workflow and efficiency.
• Builds relationships within the IT department (e.g. Networking, Systems, Security, Application Development, Data & Analytics), across business units, and with outside vendors to ensure the proper architecture of IT solutions.
• Provide technical leadership to the IT Infrastructure team to accomplish day-to-day operations and strategic projects to meet organizational needs.
• Advising member of established Martin’s Point IT boards, including: Design Review Board (DRB), Change Advisory Board (CAB) and the Technical Advisory Board (TAB).
• Performs assessments of technical viability and adherence to IT and security standards of new products and technologies to enhance decision-making and outcomes.
• Provides Tier 3 escalation support to troubleshoot and resolve all IT Infrastructure technical problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Plans high level architecture and detailed design of all IT Systems Infrastructure and Network Security Infrastructure including implementation/installation, configuration, monitoring, and capacity planning to adapt and support organizational goals. Scope of responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
o Automation systems (deployments, orchestration, operations for all systems)
o Network Communications (routing, switching, LANs, wireless LANs and controllers, WANs, MPLS, EVLANs, VPNs, dedicated fiber, Internet links)
o Computing systems (Server hardware, virtualization technologies, platform management)
o Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (desktops and applications)
o Storage systems (Fibre Channel and IP-based storage interconnects, storage arrays, SAN switching/zoning, data resiliency/replication, backup/recovery systems)
o Network Security Infrastructure (Virtual and Physical Firewalls, ACLs, NATs, User Authentication)
o Telephony (phone systems, unified communications, voicemail platforms, contact center infrastructure, SIP, PRI, and POTS circuits)
o Microsoft Server technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype, SQL)
o Structured cabling (Copper and Fiber management in Datacenters and Network Closets)
o Power planning (Electrical planning in Datacenters and Network Closets)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
• 8+ years infrastructure architecture/engineering experience including experience in a Network/Systems