This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Senior DevOps Engineer
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Your technical skills are sharp. You know AWS and Linux like the back of your hand and can spin up a secure, cross-AZ, autoscaling EC2 for a PHP web application on an Aurora MySQL database with continuous integration and deployment in your sleep. You eat challenging technical projects for breakfast, and you love working at a company full of smart, driven people who will push you to deliver your best work every day.
MPX is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with deep AWS and Linux expertise to join our team. This role will take the lead on architecting and implementing the next evolution of MPX cloud infrastructure to support the growth of our core data processing pipeline and web applications, working with our development teams, clients, and leadership to solve difficult technical challenges and help MPX win for our clients.
The ideal candidate has senior-level experience with:
- Core AWS services (EC2, ALB, S3, VPC, RDS Aurora MySQL, Route 53, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, IAM) and the Well-Architected framework
- Ubuntu/Debian Linux and Apache administration, configuration, security, networking fundamentals
- CI/CD processes and tools: git, build/deployment tooling, and best practices
- Some experience with PHP and bash scripting a strong plus
As well as:
- Excellence in written and interpersonal communications to colleagues and clients
- A passion for technical detail, questioning assumptions, and constant learning
- Strong root cause solutions aptitude
- Self-motivated organization in a fast-paced environment
- Resilient, flexible and responsive to client needs
Competitive Salary and Benefits (not all benefits listed):
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays + paid time off
- 401k match
- STD, LTD + life insurance
- Onsite fitness facility
- Be part of a world-class team with a driven spirit
To apply, please fill out a brief application here: https://jobs.lever.co/kmaconsultingllc/2cab1d70-4b4a-4317-9e0b-e81d5c8291d8?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=MTUG
MPX is a technology company, providing comprehensive communications solutions to organizations across many industries. We have a unique culture. We work hard to get to know our clients, to roll up our sleeves with them, and solve their important business problems. We attract and retain doers and problem solvers. Our clients choose us because we question the status quo to bring innovative ideas, process improvements, and cost savings. MPX has earned Best Places to Work in Maine in 2020 and for many prior years.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
MPX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.