This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Lead Quadient Programmer
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
MPX is looking for a high energy professional to join our awesome team as a Lead Quadient Programmer.
MPX operates a complex automated document processing environment that involves ingesting and processing client data and delivering that data to print and digital fulfilment through automation, with integration to our cloud document management and production operations platforms using a comprehensive API.
The Lead Quadient Programmer will be accountable for transforming client data into print or web ready files, ensuring client requirements are properly established and met, and identifying and resolving technical obstacles delaying the team from meeting our Service Level Agreements (SLA), as well as assisting with back end application design and development on the API platforms. They will be the subject matter expert for other developers on requirement outlines, code commits, publishing, serving as a validation point for their work and mentoring on development best practices.
- Personalize client solutions by architecting and implementing document rendering applications and associated web applications and APIs using PHP, PDFLib, and MySQL programming language.
- Build and maintain workflows using automation software and Crawford composition tools.
- Design, build and maintain PDFlib document composition applications and PHP web applications/APIs.
- Define objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
- Provide code maintenance and system upgrades to maximize program performance.
- Work directly with the senior management to deliver new project implementations.
- Collaborate closely and communicate effectively with team members in an Agile environment.
- Mentor team members with less experience in development best practices.
- Participate in client meetings as a technical resource.
- Be hands on, resolving issues as assigned and escalating appropriately as needed.
- Look for ways to improve the process, eliminate technical debt, and modernize software and systems.
- Prioritize tasks according to business and client needs.
- Perform other duties as needed for our clients and team.
- 5-10 years of programming experience as a PHP developer, fluent in object-oriented application design and development.
- Must be located within a commutable distance to Portland, ME. Not a remote position.
- Expertise with PHP, PDFlib, Automate, MySQL, SFTP, Amazon Web Services, Linux, PDF/PS.
- Background in digital print or direct mailing a strong plus.
- A deep set of troubleshooting, problem-solving and diagnostic skills.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Be self-directed, continuously looking for ways to improve work, eager to learn, with the ability to absorb information quickly.
- An ability to think ahead and plan a project and prepare action plans to achieve desired results.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent follow through with a high sense of urgency.
Competitive Salary and Total Rewards (not all benefits listed):
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays + paid time off
- 401k match
- STD, LTD + life insurance
- Onsite fitness facility
- Receive training, coaching and advancement opportunities
- Be part of a world-class team with an adventurous spirit!
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
To apply, please fill out a brief application here: https://jobs.lever.co/kmaconsultingllc