This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Project Manager/Product Owner
- Company: Community Health Options
- Contact Name: Jody Deegan
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://healthoptions.org/about-us/careers/
- Contact Phone: 2073302456
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Project Manager / Product Owner
The Project Manager / Product Owner serves as a critical bridge between our technical development team and our business teams. The role will be responsible for both product and project work. The PM / PO must understand the needs of multiple stakeholders, facilitate the negotiation of requirement prioritization amongst these stakeholders, identify current- and future-state business processes, create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications, facilitate design sessions with project teams to define solutions, and deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, and/or other detailed specifications to the technical team. This unique role will coordinate people and processes to ensure that systems functionality is delivered on time and produces the desired results.
- Serve as a product owner for critical business applications:
- Create user stories based on business needs working in close partnership with business owners
- Groom product backlogs based on development team estimates of level of effort and business priorities
- Communicate to the product stakeholders and other parties the planning and timing of functionality delivery
- Be a subject matter expert on the architecture and function of the product
- Serve as a project manager for key company initiatives:
- Lead design and discovery sessions with business partners to establish defined requirements and risk mitigation plans.
- Coordinate the implementation of projects through completion.
- Communicate to the project stakeholders and other parties the planning and timing of functionality delivery
- Develop and own relationships with leaders, business and technical partners/experts, working with them to optimize and enhance our project deployments and system improvements through ongoing communication and reporting.
- Facilitate meetings and interviews to gather business requirements and to document existing and future system processes
- Ensure resource availability and allocations across defined work streams.
- Communicate system requirements to the technical team in a defined and consistent way.
- Assist business and technical teams in prioritizing defined work across projects and systems
- Ensure the development and implementation of effective communication plans and structures
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Facilitate and assist with business acceptance testing.
Core Competencies and Skills
Excellent writing and communication skills.
Expertise in project management and the use of project planning software.
Expertise in business process facilitation and documentation.
Expertise in the presentation of project idea, status, solution and results.
Proven skills in data analysis and presentation of data.
Proven ability to manage and participate as a member of several projects at the same time.
Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
Strong customer service orientation with emphasis on quality of services, support and responsiveness
- BS or BA in business or technology related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven success in project implementation, process improvement, and/or product ownership
- Ability to interpret complex data from multiple data sources and develop findings and recommendations
- MS Office Suite experience, including Visio (or equivalent business mapp