This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Sr System Administrator
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/your-career/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
The Senior Systems Administrator reports to the Network Engineering Manager and provides guidance to the Help Desk Staff. They will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance and deployment for all types of voice and data technologies and help maintain the company’s systems 24 x 7 x 365.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and analyze new ways to better utilize current and future technologies, within the firm, to make productivity of users and IT staff more efficient and effective within the desktop and server environments.
- Implementing, managing and maintaining Hybrid SCCM/Intune environment
- Configuration / Maintenance/ Upgrades / Software Packaging and Deployment
- Advanced Threat Protection – (EDR & ASR)
- Anti-Virus, MDM, MAM & Device Encryption
- Maintain and enhance the security, reliability, and resiliency of current Hybrid on premise AD/Azure cloud environment.
- Managing and maintaining virtual server environment, SAN storage, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure, e-mail, phone and communication services.
- Configuring and maintaining backup and replication systems to ensure integrity of the disaster recovery site
- Analyze and remediate security audit logs and Vulnerability scans.
- Works with team members with rollout of new technologies.
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in 24 X 7 X 365 coverage to monitor daily operations and infrastructure to ensure high availability
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- 4-year degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with IT operations in a mid to large size corporate IT environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the information technology field's concepts, practices, and procedures and expert knowledge of network architecture.
- Deep experience with deploying and administering Microsoft Windows server products, Active Directory, Endpoint Configuration Manager/Intune and MS Exchange in a high-end/high use environment.
- Experience working with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco/Meraki switches and routers
- Experience working with Veeam, Vmware, and Zerto
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including managing/maintaining GPOs
- Proficiency in the development of scripts to automate and improve software processes.
- SQL skills
- The ability to test the technical limits of the technology and understand how it can be used to the benefit of the firm.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication; organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills, with ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to successfully manage difficult users in a professional environment, with strong commitment to customer service and process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, research, and correct the majority of system malfunctions, and do so remotely.
- Proficient with the installation, repair, configuration and use of computer hardware/software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 core applications and Microsoft Operating Systems – latest version is preferred
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with fellow employees in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a consistent, dependable work effort and a positive work attitude.
- Adjusts work schedule as necessary to meet department demands or to ensure maximum system up time, to include working extra hours when necessary.