Manager Information Security
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field
may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool.
All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please
refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
The Manager Information Security is responsible for the effective and dynamic management of the Information Security infrastructure, risk, compliance team and ongoing operations. This role works collaboratively within IT and across the organization to ensure security and compliance while adapting to business and industry changes. The Manager Information Security also leads efforts to support the Martin’s Point business resiliency program including business continuity, incident response and disaster recovery plans and assists in the Security teams strategic planning, management, and execution to achieve its goals.
• Leads, mentors, and coaches the Information Security team in achieving goals and ensuring the department has the technical skills, tools, and resources to meet current and future business needs.
• Maintains knowledge of latest security and privacy legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts, and vulnerabilities pertaining to Martin’s Point vision, mission, and operations.
• Collaborates with Martin’s Point leadership and Compliance team, internal IT business partners, data custodians and government groups to develop company-wide information security polices and guidelines that align with external regulations and industry best practices.
• Initiates and supports continuous improvement efforts within the team to maximize and enhance individual and team performance.
• Responsible for MPHC Business Resiliency Management strategy development and recovery planning with guidance from the Senior Director Chief Information Security Officer, and the IT Leadership Team.
• Ensures efficient implementations of Incident Reporting and Response Systems to address MPHC security incidents and/or breaches, respond to alleged policy violations, and/or complaints from external parties.
• Coordinates the development and delivery of an education and training program on information security and privacy matters for employees and other authorized users.
• Partners with the Senior Director Chief Information Security Officer on reports to external agencies to meet or exceed all compliance requirements
• Active participation on the Information Technology Leadership Team to achieve department and organizational goals in alignment with Martin’s Point values and strategy.
• Manage information security vendors, consultants and outside contacts to ensure strong partnership, service, and performance.
• Provides input to the budget process to support Martin’s Point strategic goals within industry benchmarks.
• Serves as back up to the Senior Director Chief Information Security Officer as the official corporate contact point for information security.
• Bachelor’s degree in CIS, CS, Business Administration, or similar program, or combination of relevant education and experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
• 7+ years applicable practice, management and/or leadership in information security and/or information technology with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
• Budgeting and contract negotiation experience required.
• Healthcare experience and familiarity with HIPAA, PCI-DSS, or NIST is highly desirable.