Business Intelligence Architect
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field
may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool.
All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please
refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
Utilizing standard data manipulation tools as well as the Cognos and Tableau presentation layer toolsets, the Data & Analytics Department provides business intelligence services to Martin’s Point, starting with data integration and architecture to the delivery of reports, analysis and consultation to the management team at Martin’s Point all with the goal of improving performance throughout the organization. As a member of the Information Architecture team, the BI Data Architect is key to the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the data warehouse; data marts, staging and archival databases through the life cycle: from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL architecture and code development, and on through implementation and maintenance.
• Architect, design and develop enterprise data warehouse, data mart, operational and other miscellaneous components required for BI applications using stored procedures, functions, views, and other ETL Tools as appropriate.
• Assist BI Reporting team in the design of database solutions. Work with business owners and business users to understand and translate user requirements into practical data models
• Define and prepare conceptual, logical and physical data models
• Review database architectures and designs to ensure data integrity and quality, performance, management, scalability, etc.
• Validates ETL processes by developing and executing test plans and scenarios to ensure viability of code prior to implementation in production
• Design, develop and deploy back-end systems to support operational and analytical reporting
• Troubleshoot programmed code and provide timely resolution and solutions.
• Optimize programmed code for best possible speed and performance
• Create and maintain documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures
• Maintain all data warehouse and other processes and respond to critical data warehouse issues during off hours
o Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
o At least three years of experience writing T_SQL code and procedures
o Three years’ experience in data warehousing, including experience working with ETL processes, OLAP structures and dimensional modeling
o Two years’ experience in health care industry preferred
- In compliance with MPHC’s Department of Defense government contract, any/all persons hired for this position will need to verify their US citizenship and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.