Data Warehouse Architect
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field
may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool.
All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please
refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
As a member of the Data Architecture Team, the Data Warehouse Architect is responsible for the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the data warehouse; data marts, staging and archival databases through the life cycle: from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL architecture and code development, and on through implementation and maintenance. This would also include documenting processes, documenting data structures, and creating Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) all in support of the organizations internal and external data needs.
Martin’s Point maintains a data warehouse containing data from all aspects of its’ operations. The Data Architecture Team supplies analysis and reports to all departments at Martin’s Point from the executive level to the management team as well as frontline staff, all with the goal of improving performance throughout the organization.
• Architects, designs, and develops enterprise data warehouse, data mart, operational and other miscellaneous components using stored procedures, functions, views, and other ETL Tools for use by business intelligence (BI) applications
• Assists the Reporting team in the design of database structures to support reporting and analysis
• Works with business owners and business users to understand and translate user requirements into practical data models
• Reviews database architectures and designs to ensure data integrity and quality, performance, management, scalability, etc.
• Designs, develops, and implements conceptual data models for BI solutions
• Validates ETL processes by developing and executing test plans and scenarios to ensure viability of code prior to implementation in production
• Designs, develops, and deploys back-end systems to support operational and analytical reporting
• Creates and maintains documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures for consistency, process improvements and team development
• Maintains the data warehouse metadata repository to ensure compliance with industry standards
• Supports the data warehouse loads and other processes in conjunction with other members of the architecture team to ensure business data continuity
• Optimizes programmed code for best possible speed and performance
• Maintains all data warehouse and other processes and responds to critical data warehouse issues during off hours
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management systems or related discipline or equivalent work-related experience
• 4+ years’ experience in data warehousing, including experience working with ETL processes and dimensional modeling writing T-SQL code and procedures
• Familiarity with SSIS or other ETL tools
• Experience with data modeling, metadata management, and change management/version control concepts
• Experience in the health care industry, from payer or provider perspective, preferred