This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/job/data-architect/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
As a member of the Information Architecture team, the BI Data Architect is key to the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the data warehouse; data marts, staging and archival databases through the life cycle: from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL architecture and code development, through implementation and maintenance.
- Architect, design and develop enterprise data warehouse, data mart, operational and other miscellaneous components required for BI applications using stored procedures, functions, views, and other ETL Tools.
- Assist BI Reporting team in the design of database solutions. Work with business owners and users to understand and translate user requirements into practical data models
- Define and prepare conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Review database architectures and designs to ensure data integrity and quality, performance, management, scalability, etc.
- Develop and execute test plans and scenarios to ensure viability of code prior to implementation in production
- Design, develop and deploy back-end systems to support operational and analytical reporting
- Troubleshoot programmed code and provide timely resolution and solutions.
- Optimize programmed code for best possible speed and performance
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience writing T_SQL code and procedures
- Familiarity with SSIS or other ETL tools
- Experience in data warehousing, including experience working with ETL processes, OLAP structures and dimensional modeling
- Understanding of data modeling and metadata concepts