This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Technical Support Specialist
- Company: Vantage Point Recruiting
- Contact Name: Uli Stewart
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://vantagepointrecruiting.com/your-career/
- Contact Phone: 2076502216
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
This is a long-term part-time contract ~30 hrs/week for 3 years.
Summary: Support multiple offices and their end users in a full range of computer hardware and software (laptops and desktops, Windows & Mac).
- Install and configure system hardware, software and periferals and ensure network connectivity
- Design and implement corrective plans. Develop and coordinate user training programs and document all processes and procedures.
- Manage virus protection, clean infected computers and mitigate risks by staying up to date and following industry standards and best practices
- Assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new software products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment.
- Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment.
- Participate in performance and volume analysis and design.
- Participate in performance improvement activities. Identify and apply potential improvements related to the environment for an application.
- Provide accurate and complete answers to general use and environment questions in a timely manner.
- Serve as the point of contact for technology support and services.
- Serve as the point of integration between the business functions of the department and the technology requirements of the department.
- Success in a similar role
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills