This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
NOC Infrastructure Engineer
- Company: Systems Engineering
- Contact Name:
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.systemsengineering.com/about/careers/
- Contact Phone:
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Engineer to join our talented & growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. Our NOC team is responsible for helping hundreds of customers throughout Northern New England run premier technology solutions. NOC Engineers are an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for providing Tier-II escalated-level support to our Managed Services customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical background, committed to quality engineering and unsurpassed customer service. The right candidate will have great communication and problem-solving skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, leading customers through technology issues from triage to resolution.
- Be accountable for problem resolution in a wide variety of technologies and industries.
- Use exceptional judgment on risk and openly share information with customers and teammates through all phases of the process.
- Build expertise in monitoring, security, and incident management platforms and process.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver consistent and effective solutions.
- Mentorship and leadership through sharing knowledge and guidance that improve the overall team effectiveness and enhance the team’s growth.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and one team mentality.
- Continuously adapting to new technology, regularly learning new stacks while building depth in other areas.
- Practice continuous improvement by using and updating standard methodology documentation, automating recurring tasks, and using creativity to test new solutions.
- Act as a security authority both internally and externally and continuously improve security expertise.
What We’re Looking For
- At least three (3) years related experience supporting diverse technology environments.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Experience supporting any or all the following is a plus: Fortigate, Cisco (Firepower, ASA, Catalyst, Nexus), SonicWall, Meraki, Wireless technologies, and Phones.
- Technical certifications a plus or willingness to obtain certifications.
- Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, as well as committed to being a great teammate; take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to resolution with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
Our Benefits & Culture
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit