This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Network Engineer II
- Company: Systems Engineering
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.systemsengineering.com/about/careers/
- Contact Phone:
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Systems Engineering is seeking a full-time Network Engineer II to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. Our Network Engineering team supports many customers throughout Northern New England. Working independently and collaboratively, Network Engineers plan, design, deploy, operate, and optimize IT environments. They are responsible for complex configuration, installation, diagnosis, and administration of computer environment software, hardware, and communications to support our customers.
We are looking for a customer-focused and highly motivated individual who has a strong technical background. The right applicant will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, and an aptitude for working and learning modern technologies.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills
- Ability to install, set up, and troubleshoot Microsoft Technologies, such as Server, Exchange, Office 365, and Azure.
- Proficient in working with Citrix XenApp 7.x product line.
- Ability to install, set up, and troubleshoot VMWare and Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies.
- Comfortable working with server hardware. Perform diagnostics, maintenance, and component replacement as necessary.
- Proactively identify and resolve network, system, and performance issues.
- Act as the principal technical contact for assigned clients. Proactively support the technical aspects of the client’s corporate network, and serve as a resource to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate issues.
- Work closely with account managers to help design, refine, and present proposals to clients.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to network administrators, junior network engineers, and account managers in areas of expertise.
- Help to create standard build guidelines and ensure products and services follow Systems Engineering standards and best practices.
- Deliver effective and efficient customer support, in-person, or through remote management tools. Support includes diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving computer hardware, software, and network issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, projecting a positive company image.
- Stay up to date with modern technologies and solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- A robust combination of professional experience, education, and/or professional certifications:
- Microsoft Certifications in Azure, Office 365, and/or Server technologies
- VMWare Certifications (VCA and/or VCP)
- Citrix Certifications
- Advanced knowledge in (3) of these technologies:
- Windows Server & Network Administration
- Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange & Outlook clients
- Microsoft Azure
- Citrix 7.x
- Demonstrated experience in PC diagnostics, workstat