This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
- Company: Systems Engineering
- Contact Name:
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.systemsengineering.com/about/careers/
- Contact Phone:
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Our Infrastructure team is seeking a full-time Infrastructure Engineer to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals in Portland, Maine. This is a critical customer-facing role in delivering networking, security, and collaboration solutions.
Infrastructure Engineers work with and learn a wide variety of premier technology solutions. These include routing, switching, firewalls, and collaboration systems. Engineers work on the frontlines with hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in northern New England. They keep customers’ systems secure and reliable through the design, implementation, and maintenance of advanced technology solutions. Engineers also assist in enabling the power of technology to help businesses grow.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical background and an aptitude for learning new technologies. They must be committed to engineering excellence and exceptional customer service. The right candidate will also have outstanding problem-solving skills, and an ability to work both independently and as part of a strong team.
- Partner with clients, vendors, and other internal teams to drive good outcomes.
- Plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot both network infrastructure and collaboration solutions.
- Manage, maintain, and prioritize assigned tasks and engagements.
- Work with our Customer Service team to manage scheduled tasks.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver consistent and effective solutions.
- Mentor, teach, and share knowledge that improves team effectiveness and enhances the team’s growth.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and a one-team mentality.
- Adapt to changing technologies by learning new technologies while building depth in other areas.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience implementing, managing, and troubleshooting network Infrastructure.
- Solving problems on various networking and collaboration technology platforms.
- Knowledge of the OSI Model and other networking principles. Broad knowledge of security including protection, detection, and incident response.Technical certifications or willingness to obtain/renew certifications within the first year. Preference is given to the following vendors:
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routing/switching, and Fortinet firewalls strongly preferred.
- An interest in scripting and automation is also desired.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Teammate accountable to assigned projects, and results-driven to meet customer needs.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, adapting to changing priorities, as needed.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit