This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Sr. Network Engineer - Planning & Design
- Company: MOUNTAIN, LTD.
- Contact Name: Karen Green
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.mountainltd.com
- Contact Phone: 207-482-7039
[ A Note from MTUG: The below Employer's Job Description field may not contain the employer's full job description or application details due to limits in this job board tool. All employers are encouraged to provide a site link (shown above) to their primary job listing location -- please refer to that link for full description/application details. Thank you! ]
Employer's Job Description
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for Sr. Network Engineer-Planning & Design in the Bangor or Portland, ME area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience.
The Senior Network Engineer-Planning & Design is responsible for projects and tasks related to the network, voice and data application systems, and engineering.
- Responsible for design, and planning for maintenance, improvements, capacity and upgrades for the relevant systems.
- Responsible for planning and designing solutions to enhance the data and voice network.
- Travel to properties in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, and West Virginia is required.
- Knowledge of rural and competitive telephone operations and subscriber services preferred.
- Experience with central office installation, maintenance, and repair work
- Experience with Cable TV and DOCSIS technologies preferred
- Experience with design, planning, installation and maintenance of IP Networking and Routing solutions in a service provider environment required
- Experience with design, planning, installation and maintenance of Carrier Ethernet solutions in a service provider environment required
- Knowledge of industry standards and best common procedures
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax, two-way radio and telephone systems.
- Problem solving and network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work with numbers and calculations and create budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and schedules.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required
- Travel throughout the northeast frequently required
- Occasional travel beyond the northeast required
- Participate in an on call rotation
Education: 2 or 4 year technical degree preferred, high school diploma required.
If interested please send Word formatted resume to email@example.com