This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Director, IT Operations
- Company: MPX
- Contact Name: Christopher Falk
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1859341877/
- Contact Phone:
The IT Operations Manager is a working engineering manager role reporting to the CIO, accountable for the operation and support of IT systems at MPX and the management of the IT operations team. MPX provides critical document management, payment processing, and customer communications solutions across the health care, retail energy, financial services, and government sectors. Our services and applications are available 24x7x365.
To succeed in this position, you must be a smart and well-organized engineer who can manage a small team and deliver results: uptime, scalability, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction. You like to dig into complex challenges and come out the other side with dependable solutions. When something isn’t right you pursue the root cause and relentlessly improve so it doesn’t happen again. You are comfortable communicating the above with senior company leaders, and technical and non-technical staff and clients.
Your technical skills are sharp. You know the AWS cloud, LAMP stack, and Microsoft server platforms inside and out, and can spin up a secure cross-AZ autoscaling EC2 fleet for a LAMP stack application in your sleep. Dealing with the complexity of modern cloud infrastructure and CI/CD tooling doesn’t faze you. You might even have written a little Python or PHP to automate a thing or two, and you know your way around a SQL database.
This is a working engineering management role in which you will:
- Lead and manage a 3-4 person team responsible for the day to day operations and support of MPX technology systems including corporate IT, document processing, and the availability and infrastructure of MPX web applications
- Become an expert in MPX technology systems and processes – corporate IT, complex internal and client-facing web applications and APIs built on a LAMP stack in AWS, and critical document processing operations – then become the second level of support escalation for all of the above
- Manage our Jira Service Desk, and define, uphold, report on SLA commitments
- Collaborate with the CIO and the rest of the team to execute IT project work
- Implement, manage, and participate in a system of monitoring and off-hours support coverage/escalation across the team’s areas of accountability – document processing, web applications, corporate IT, security
- Assist with security operations, incident response, and compliance (SOC2, PCI, HIPAA).
- Relentlessly improve process, tools, and systems by identifying root causes of problems and inefficiencies with an Agile/Scrum approach
- Support MPX project management and development teams with technical expertise as needed in establishing scope and requirements for client work