This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
Technology Consultant- Security Analyst
- Company: Systems Engineering
- Contact Name:
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.systemsengineering.com/about/careers/
- Contact Phone:
Systems Engineering is a 100% employee-owned IT strategy and managed services provider dedicated to enabling the exceptional in clients nationwide. System Engineering’s team of 150+ network engineers, managed security professionals, project managers, data management experts, technology consultants, and account managers work diligently to meet the needs of our clients. From network design and installation to a full complement of managed IT, IT security, and cloud services, we have an IT solution that will allow organizations to reach their full potential – and enable the exceptional.
Headquartered in Portland, Maine, Systems Engineering has maintained steady growth over its 30+ year history, has an outstanding workplace culture, and is regularly named as one of Maine’s Best Places to Work.
Our growing Advisory Services Team is seeking a full-time Technology Consultant to work with our clients in a variety of verticals throughout New England to ensure technology, compliance, and security are managed through organizational policies, strategic IT planning, and roadmap execution. Our Advisory Services team delivers high-level CISO & CIO professional consultative services in a variety of areas, including Security Risk Assessments, Information Security Program Development & Oversight, and Business Continuity Planning.
The ideal candidate has a mix of consulting experience, familiarity with information technology & security, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a high attention to detail. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with team members to leverage the best solutions for our clients.
- Lead and facilitate the development of critical security documents, policies, and practices, working with other technology consultants and C-Suite members within a client organization.
- Assemble, analyze, and deliver comprehensive IT risk assessments documenting “State of the State” for clients and making appropriate recommendations.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and business continuity controls, plans, and deficiencies for clients, creating actionable reports for clients.
- Develop, maintain, and update a variety of policy, governance, and security documentation for clients including Information Security, Incident Response, and Acceptable Use policies, as well as Business Continuity Plans and Security Risk Assessments that identify compliance gaps.
- Provide guidance and context in prioritizing and determining complexity of cultural and technological problems.
- Work independently with clients to ensure an appropriate technology and security posture is developed and maintained as well as provide input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates for clients.
What We're Looking For:
- B.S. or similar degree with 5 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills, experience meeting with C-Suite level teams.
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit