This job board is a service to companies with tech positions in the state of Maine and the region. These are NOT jobs at MTUG; please do not contact MTUG about these jobs. Please see the position details below for employer contact info.
- Company: CGI
- Contact Name:
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://cgi.njoyn.com/cgi/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=ZltcRBoXCBNwEAFyNlNRCFE9AWdEcFAud0hZUC4EE2ReX0NuW0Jtd2sGdQkbVhRSSXEqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&clid=21001&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J1219-0925&BRID=728731&lang=1
- Contact Phone:
Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. With seven onshore delivery centers employing 1500 members, CGI’s Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI’s Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region’s economic and cultural revitalization goals. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
CGI Waterville is seeking a junior to intermediate .NET developer to work with a major New England based client. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Our Applications Developers typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. Applications Developers will be placed on one of our many projects and could will be responsible for a number of different tasks.
This position will work with the Application Development & Maintenance Team in Waterville, Maine.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The .NET Developer will:
• Trouble shoot issues with the implementation of the solution
• Assist in the final implementation and go-live strategy planning
• Provide timely status to the team lead
• Help with the deployment of the developed work
• Test applications and develop enhancements that enable a positive end-user experience while working as part of a project team, communicating progress, technical issues and their resolution solutions
• Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
• Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
• Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
• Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
• Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
• Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
• Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit