ARC Project Manager
- Company: University Of Maine
- Contact Name: Shane Moeykens
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=56838&job=arc-project-manager
- Contact Phone: 207.581.3399
The Project Manager position serves as an advocate for the use of high performance computing in research, as well as a mentor and support provider to University of Maine faculty and other statewide researchers being served by the Advanced Research Computing (ARC) unit of the University of Maine’s Coordinated Operating Research Entity (CORE). This position supports the provisioning of local, regional, and national high performance computing resources, ensuring the effectiveness of the combined services offering and overall customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Four or more years of experience in information technology, high-performance computing, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet research needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of how systems management actions affect users and dependent/related functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer security best practices and policies.
- Solid knowledge of HPC storage and network file systems.
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional client service and communication, focusing on actions to reduce or remove barriers to clients’ efficient use of resources.
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, or related field.
- Linux OS expertise.
- Experience in implementing change management and security controls in a HPC framework.
- Understanding of computer, memory and storage architecture and their impact on performance.Software installation and maintenance experience supporting research codes and clients.