Customer Technical Support Engineer
- Company: MPX
- Contact Name: Christopher Falk
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://mpx.bamboohr.com/jobs/
- Contact Phone:
MPX is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the team in Portland, ME. We work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and love new challenges. We put an emphasis on constantly learning and expanding our skill sets. We work with exciting clients in energy, telecommunications, banking and healthcare.
The ideal candidate is one who is passionate about development and is a great team player and wants to WIN.
We're looking for someone that brings ideas to the table and is a great problem solver. This role will be located onshore USA at our location in Portland, ME.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer that is hard-working and committed to customer success. This individual should be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa.
The position is the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of MPX online solutions. They are the wizard behind the screen of our online tools and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems.
The individual will field queries via phone, email and JIRA online support portal. Queries will range in complexity from “how to” questions through involved debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down answers. The ability to visualize problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years relevant experienc
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit