The Software Engineering Manager – Database and Performance is responsible for managing a team of Database Engineers and Performance Test Engineers within the Development department. This individual is also responsible for all database development and performance analysis initiatives within the department. This includes providing guidance to the Development product teams on schema definitions and query analysis, supporting client database upgrades, proactive measurement/analysis of application performance in the Performance Lab, and reactively resolving client performance problems. This position and the team for which it is responsible for are new and will have a high level of visibility within the organization as well as a significant impact on the client experience aspects of the application moving forward.
- Manage Database and Performance team resources.
- Assume responsibility for all department database development and performance analysis objectives.
- Guide department in database design, query structure/optimization, and general database development best practices.
- Provide advanced support of client upgrade and other database-related issues.
- Execute continuous performance testing of various applications in the Performance Lab.
- Continually improve performance testing practices.
- Provide ownership of and resolve client-reported performance issues.
- Influence priorities of department work.
- Mentor staff and team members.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software or related environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work tasks effectively.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling, relational databas