Technical Support Engineer
- Company: Atlantec LLC
- Contact Name: Rob McDaniel
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=technical+support+engineer&jk=81da2e70f33c70cb&_ga=2.244490573.958774682.1548275500-3523911.1546009063
- Contact Phone: 207-347-3500
The Technical Support Engineer's (TSE) primary responsibility is to provide direct technical support to internal and external customers and partners. The TSE uses knowledge-based tools and works with colleagues to resolve complex technical issues. TSEs work across organizations to solve complex issues and follow reported problems through to their resolution. In addition, The TSEs may be assigned special projects including: documentation review, Beta participation, product demos, and presenting technical forums.
Essential Position Functions Principal Accountabilities
- Provide direct technical support to internal and external customers and partners.
- Work with our case management tools providing case monitoring, status updates, documentation, notification, and customer communication.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of product architecture, technical components, and application functionality.
- Communicate to team members and management any factors affecting quality and/or service levels.
- Attend training and complete self-study to acquire, maintain, and increase knowledge as it pertains to job skill requirements.
- Use knowledge based tools to diagnose and resolve product technical issues for customers within predefined SLA timeframes.
- Take ownership of escalated service requests.
- Integrate and/or solving problems in environments comprised of Microsoft 2012/2008 Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server, IIS, Cisco Internetworking, VPN's, firewalls, backup and anti-virus solutions, and more.
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field
- 5 years of programming experience, three in system programming
- Industry Certifications highly desired : CCNA, CCNP, CNE , CSSA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours a week
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Strong technical troubleshooting ability
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Flexible with the aptitude to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical deadlines