Growth Strategy Director - Technology
- Company: The Beacon Group
- Contact Name: Michelle Prejean
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://www.beacongroupconsulting.com/experienced-professionals/
- Contact Phone:
Our Technology Practice provides innovative growth strategy support to our global client base of Fortune 500 clients. Beacon engagements span the software, hardware, services, internet, and communications technologies markets.This is not an IT consulting role; this position is focused on growth strategy development and management consulting activities, such as:
- What should our go-to-market strategy be for a network transformation solution in the telecoms market?
- What market entry, sales & pricing strategies should we use for a first-to-market cloud-based Smart Grid enablement service?
The Director works directly with Practice Area leadership to oversee multiple projects, managing several consultants and clients simultaneously. Approximately half of each working day is devoted to business development activities with Tech sector clients, and the other half is focused on project delivery. This role offers an opportunity to have an immediate impact across project teams. Approximately 25% of the year is spent traveling taking part in business development, client reviews, and presentations for the business unit.
In this role you will:
- Identify new engagement and business development opportunities with Tech industry clients
- Build and strengthen relationships with clients through project work
- Develop, write, and present engagement proposals
- Maintain a full schedule of meetings with clients and potential clients
- Lead one to three project teams on six to eight week engagements
- Supervise primary research with market participants
- Facilitate daily team meetings/interactions
- Support project teams with thought leadership and constructive feedback
- Maintain Beacon's daily deliverables and deliver weekly update documents to clients
- Lead presentations of Beacon materials with clients
- Manage client expectations and ensure strong communication between Beacon and client
- Mentor and assist junior staff with training and professional development
- An MBA or MS is required, combined with experience in consulting and technology.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team. Mentoring experience a plus.
- Project management and presentations skills are fundamental for success in the position.