- Company: L.L. Bean
- Contact Name: Paige Lever
- Contact Email:
- Career Website: https://careers-llbean.icims.com/jobs/13985/systems-engineer-/job
- Contact Phone:
Exciting career opportunities and a great company to work for! L.L.Bean has something for anyone who wants to build a successful career. Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about technology as we are about the outdoors. While we let tradition guide us, we are on the cutting edge of leveraging new technologies to drive performance.
L.L.Bean is currently searching for a UNIX/Linux Systems Engineer to join the Information Services division’s Infrastructure Engineering team based in Freeport, Maine. As a member of this team the successful candidate would support L.L.Bean’s business goals through engineering and support of distributed computer system software and hardware in a global retail enterprise.
Responsible for the engineering and support of hardware and operating systems; supporting database management systems and database administrators; supporting application environments, including IBM Websphere and ISV solutions; and core infrastructure competencies, including regulatory compliance, SAN-attached servers, automation, and scripting.
- Builds, maintains, and supports complex UNIX (AIX) and Linux operating hardware/software systems in an enterprise environment.
- Provides technical leadership for primary products and subsystems.
- Collaborates with internal clients in support of technology requirements.
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation for research and resolution of production system problems.
- Participates in capacity planning.
- Participates in hardware/software budget planning.
- Evaluates new and existing software and hardware products.
- Assists other systems engineers to utilize technical software effectively.
- Participates in enterprise projects as subject matter expert.
- Drives and employs shop standards within the context of job responsibilities.
- Understands and applies change management procedures/principles.
- Produces documentation for technical portfolio.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
The successful candidate is an experienced distributed systems engineer who can demonstrate industry experience and success in the following competencies:
Implementing and supporting hardware/software solutions in AIX and Red Hat Linux on multiple hardware platforms.
Partnering with peers and with others to deliver business solutions.
Strong problem determination skills for complex enterprise systems.
Coaching, support, and training of others.
Supporting 7x24 on-call requirements.
Leading medium-sized technical projects.
Learn About Events, Jobs & More
If you’d like to meet other technology professionals within Maine or expand your knowledge, consider joining one of our events. Signing up for our newsletter will keep you informed about upcoming events, jobs and more.
The I.T. Summit & Tradeshow is Coming!
Don't miss Maine's largest, longest-running annual technology event each spring! Fifteen competitively-selected workshops and a tradeshow of over 50 tech exhibitors serving Maine provides a great way to expand your skills and broaden your understanding of the industry. Sign up for all Monthly Event & Annual Summit related emails at right, and visit the Summit event page to learn more: www.mtug.org/summit