How to Ensure a Diverse & Inclusive Tech Culture
Thu., June 25, 2020, 1:00 PM
LOCATION: Online - Please see Event Page for Details
It’s no secret that diversity and inclusion are extremely important pillars for ensuring a collaborative, supportive, and innovative work culture.
In fact, 64% of high-tech workers believe that organizations with a diverse workforce are more likely to produce world-class innovation than those
more homogeneous in makeup (CompTIA). Beyond creative output, business benefits can go on to include staff loyalty, efficiency, attractiveness
to new talent, and more.
But while 72% of tech founders believe in the importance of diversity, only 12% have five or more employees in tech roles who are from underrepresented
groups. So how can tech organizations – and the teams within them – continue to address inclusion in the workplace in a way that initiates meaningful
Whether you already have a fully formed program, or you’re thinking about D&I for the first time, listen in as our panel of experts share their
best tactics for planning, deploying, monitoring, and improving your diversity & inclusion strategies.
[Please see website for link connection details]
• Sandy Welfare | Managing Director, Global Production at Xchanging
• Erick Smith | Global Inclusion & Diversity Senior Specialist at PTC
• Shana Sanford | Executive Assistant/Event Producer at Murphy O'Brien
Topics for Discussion:
• What does diversity & inclusion look like in the tech industry today?
• How can tech leaders better diversify their hiring practices?
• What policies, practices, and principles can you put in place to cultivate an environment of diversity & inclusion?
• What tools and resources can tech leaders lean on to explore and celebrate team differences?
• What types of employee engagement programs & resource groups yield the best results?
• How can we ensure effectiveness and measure the success of our D&I initiatives?
[Event description from host's event page - please visit host page for event updates.]
How To Register