Data Privacy, Security, & Accessibility
Wed., February 24, 2021, 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Online via Zoom
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Session 2 of 4: Data Privacy, Security, & Accessibility
How can you keep your data safe? What are the regulations around data privacy within the state? How can you access affordable internet and technology and who is there to help you?
- Lori Sussman, Department of Technology at the University of Southern Maine
- Kerem Durdag, COO of GWI
About "Broadband in Maine" -- A 4-Part Virtual Series:
If the COVID-19 pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that broadband access is essential in Maine. Today, it’s not easy to get high speed internet in many of our rural communities, which makes learning and working from home harder. Broadband connectivity helps Maine’s economy by developing a strong workforce, encouraging innovation, attracting new residents and businesses. It also supports our students and seniors who are spending more time at home.
Join Bangor Daily News for this four-part virtual event series to hear from policymakers, business leaders, and educators who are charting the path forward for improving quality, cost, and availability of high speed internet in Maine. Topic experts will help us learn something new and highlight where we are as a state when it comes to broadband connectivity—and where we could be in the future. Hosted by Bangor Daily News reporters and editors, sessions will include ample time for audience questions and discussion.
- February 18: Broadband Bond—What’s Next?
- February 24: Data Privacy, Security, & Accessibility
- March 10: Broadband’s Impact on Education
- April 22: Get Connected—Connectivity Options for Mainers
Series sponsors: GWI and Island Institute
How To Register
- Contact Organization: Broadband in Maine 4-Part Series, hosted by BDN Events, and series sponsors GWI and the Island Institute
- Website: https://www.islandinstitute.org/event/bdn-broadband-maine-data-privacy/